Main Street Vegan Academy is in a class all its own. Since its founding in 2012 by noted author and vegan pioneer Victoria Moran, we have gathered top luminaries of the vegan and plant-based worlds to present on their specific area of expertise. In a dynamic, live, interactive Zoom program, you are trained in vegan principles, communication principles, and businesses principles by people who are at the top of their game in each of these areas.
Upon completion of this program, you are fully prepared to practice as a Vegan Lifestyle Coach or to educate others on vegan living. In addition, with the VLCE certification, you are a recognized expert on veganism and vegan living, whether you decide to channel this into an entrepreneurial venture, a job with a plant-based company or vegan organization, or outreach as a writer, speaker, social media influencer, or highly effective activist.
Click here for details about our professional vegan education course and its presenters, registration, and the accomplishments of some of our graduates. You can also schedule an info call with a member of our staff. We hope to welcome you as a member of the upcoming cohort.
As Featured In
Victoria Moran is a force of nature. At 14, with credentials from a teen magazine, she attended her first Beatles press conference. She's been surprising herself ever since.
Victoria went Vegan in 1983; overcame a binge-eating disorder; in 1985 wrote Compassion the Ultimate Ethic, the first book about Vegan philosophy and practice to come from an actual publisher; raised a Vegan daughter (aerialist and stunt performer, Adair Moran); wrote 12 additional books and has another on the way; and appeared twice on Oprah.
Her books including Main Street Vegan, Creating a Charmed Life, Shelter for the Spirit, and The Love-Powered Diet have been praised by Neal Barnard, MD, Ellen Degeneres, musician Moby, filmmaker Michael Moore, Dean Ornish, MD, Marianne Williamson, and former President Bill Clinton.
She was voted Peta's Sexiest Vegan Over 50 in 2016, and was lead producer of the 2019 documentary, A Prayer for Compassion, about spirituality and food choices. After 10 years of hosting the award-winning Main Street Vegan Podcast: Victoria is now host of the Victoria Moran Podcast, Meetings With Remarkable Women.
As Featured In
Hear What Our Graduates Have to Say About MSVA
Latest Blog Posts from Main Street Vegan Academy Graduates and Faculty
A Perspective on Burnout: From the Person to the Planet, the Parallel Exhaustion of Monocropping and Human Health, by Nivi Jaswal-Wirtjes MVLCE
JIVINITI’s Project SHAKTI at Harvard: Unraveling the Tapestry of Food, Race, and Gender Amidst a Global Crisis, by Nivi Jaswal-Wirtjes, MVLCE
Main Street Vegan Academy Mission Statement
Our mission is to encourage the adoption and maintenance of a positive vegan lifestyle and a health-promoting diet, geared to the needs and preferences of the individual, for the purpose of creating a just world for all beings and protecting this planet.
Main Street Vegan Academy Governing Principles
- Ahimsa, the yogic precept of nonkilling, nonviolence, non-harming, and reverence for life is the reason for the existence of Main Street Vegan Academy.
- We celebrate diversity and inclusiveness in MSVA and in the Vegan movement, and we welcome as students all qualified Vegans, irrespective of race, nationality, social status, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation/identity, age, or body size.
- We respect the commitment of all colleagues in the animal protection world, and leave to individual conscience the choice to take a stand only for abolition or for incremental welfare initiatives as we work toward a Vegan world.
- We acknowledge all reasonable styles of plant-based eating and applaud the contributions of all Vegan experts, and their vegetarian predecessors, to the development and evolution of health-supporting, plant-exclusive nutrition.
- Individual graduates and faculty are free to espouse and promote any "brand" of Veganism, support other causes, and pursue other interests; the Academy itself has as its sole purpose to provide Vegan education and to support our graduates in their endeavors.